Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Sincere Message to a Former Foe

Back when I was in the sport media game, Pete Sheppard didn't care for my work and said so on the air. I didn't care for his work and said so in print. Our personal relationship was on the chilly side of nonexistent.

But I'm on Pete's side today. I know from personal experience what it's like to be separated from a job you love for reasons that have nothing to do with your performance. The word "sucks" doesn't cover it. It's wrenching and traumatic, and it can screw up your life for a long time.

That last part happened to me. I sure hope it doesn't happen to Pete. He has my deepest sympathy and best wishes. And in all honesty, he wasn't the worst Boston sports talk radio personality out there. Not by a long shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home