Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Football Theory -- And Practice

Just spitballing here, but it seems to me that if I were a pro football coach trying to incorporate a bunch of young players into my regular offensive and defensive player rotations who were full of athletic ability and what used to be called "piss and vinegar" but maybe a little rough in the technique department, I'd be very tempted to stick a bunch of them on special teams and allow them much more free rein than I usually do.


That way, I'd be maximizing their strengths while they work on their weaknesses, as special teams are where athleticism and desire (or more accurately, reckless disregard for personal safety) far outweigh the subtleties of the sport.


Anyway, I was just wondering if Bill Be... What's that you say? Why, yes. I did go to bed at halftime of the Pats-Dolphins game last night. Why do you ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home