Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Wrong Guy With the Celtics Got the Nickname "The Truth"

Mike Gorman is a treasure. The Celtics' play by play announcer had Diogenes hanging up his lantern and scouting condos in Sarasota last night.

Idly, and I do mean idly, clicking the remote last night to discover yet again how short my attention span is, I stopped to watch a few moments of the Celtics-Pistons game.

After about a minute of exceedingly scattered action, I remarked to Alice that this was a classic late regular season NBA game, in that the only people involved more with it than myself were the players.

Not ten seconds later, Gorman said "not a lot of energy in tonight's game."

For that nice and understated man, that sentence was a shriek to his viewers to change the channel if they were seeking entertainment with a pulse.

So I did. But not before thanking higher powers for living in a town with an announcer with the respect for his game not to make just another night at the gym into the End of History As We Know It.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home