Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Envy Is the Saddest of the Seven Deadly Sins

It is not my usual practice here to criticize the work of my former professional peers. They have gigs and I don't, so perhaps the marketplace was trying to tell me something. But there's a limit to what can go unchallenged.

In today's Globe, Dan Shaughnessy wrote a column making fun of Tom Brady for, well, basically for having Giselle Bundchen as his significant other. Man, that's just wrong on so many levels one hardly know where to start. It's irrelevant to the sports section, ungentlemanly, and above all, makes the author look stupid, which he isn't.

Honestly, what can one say to a fellow human male hooked up with Ms. Bundchen except "Congratulations, pal!!!"

PS: I know Dan's piece is meant to be satirical. To be effective, satire must spring from a halfway believable premise. This ain't one.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home