Monday, February 19, 2007

The Wages of Sin Include a Publicist

Tom Brady's previously serene existence has taken a sudden turn towards complexity. This sort of thing can happen when a famous athlete's off-season hobby is beautiful women instead of hunting and fishing.

I like Tom a great deal, and wish him well dealing with what's unquestionably a most awkward situation. I'm sure it'll work out for the best. It'll be a little tough in training camp when Bridget goes on Oprah, but things have a way of turning out for the best in Brady's life. That's one big reason he's such a great quarterback.

The above paragraphs represent the total of my small interest in what's destined to be a major howdy-do in these parts. Brady's personal misadventure has no bearing on his work as the Patriots' QB, and that's the only part of his life which concerns me in the slightest. I've got nothing against pure prurient interest in celebrities, I just don't have much of it myself.

This "scandal" will have no effect on Brady's football playing. Trust me. There is a reason why "Stable, Happy, Humdrum Family Lives of Sports Superstars" is a thinner volume than the average Marvel comic.

For Brady, as for all of his peers at the top of the jock heap, life is what they do in their spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home