Sunday, November 05, 2006

Non-Partisan Thoughts for Nov. 7. And Nov.8

(Can't be sure I'll get to posting these on Nov. 7 itself. You don't have to read them until then. I'm not breaking my campaign promise. These are other people's thoughts.)

"The people have spoken.....The bastards!"- Concession speech of Aspen mayoral candidate and '60s Democratic operative Dick Tuck

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain't that a big enough majority for any town?"- Mark Twain, "The Man Who Corrupted Hadleyburg"

"My old pappy used to say you could fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and those are pretty good odds."- Bret Maverick

"Well, you have made your choice of idiots. You may now await the news of a terrible disaster." - Secretary of War Edwin Stanton to Abraham Lincoln after the latter named Gen. William Rosecrans commander of the Army of the Cumberland.

And, of course, any citizen's all purpose denial of responsibility.

"Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos."- Homer Simpson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home