Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's Morning in Massachusetts

Today's Globe brings the news that although a majority of voters disagree with gubernatorial candidate Deval Patrick on the issues, they still give him a 55-30 lead over Republican candidate Kerry Healey. This takes me back to the golden days of 1984 when MTV and the Radio Shack TRS-80 were the cutting edge of American life.

Disclosure: My son has been a Patrick volunteer for the past 16 months, so naturally I have a rooting interest. This has also allowed me the chance to meet the candidate, which I did in July of 2005. And while it might irk Democrets to say so, he instantly reminded me of another pol I'd met a long time ago-Ronald Reagan.

Some people are just gosh darn likeable. Reagan was. Patrick is. And attempting to wage an ideological battle against such a foe is a hopeless proposition. Fritz Mondale probably doesn't know who Healey is, but he should give her a courtesy call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home