Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Right to Vote Can Be Overrated

So the great Steroid Hall of Fame Crisis of 2012 snuck up on me. My ballot arrived in the mail late last week, and was posted back to the Baseball Writers' Association of America yesterday. I have less than no desire to go over the same old PED arguments one more time. I've made my position as clear as I can on this blog many times.

But it is also my belief that although the Hall vote is a secret ballot, it shouldn't be. As the holder of an extraordinarily overly exclusive franchise, I feel it is my duty to the baseball community of millions as a whole to tell it who I chose. The community is probably not listening, but Google is there for those who obsess over Hall voting -- which I know from experience is a large group of people.

Long story short, I voted for the maximum 10 players the rules allow one to select. Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Edgar Martinez, Mike Piazza, Mark McGwire, Tim Raines, Curt Schilling and Alan Trammell. If anyone wants to argue over Martinez or Schilling, please feel free to respond. Otherwise, I'm done talking about PEDs in baseball for now. Maybe when the vote's announced (early exit polls indicate a victory for the Morality Police, which will make Costas and Olbermann happy), I will feel differently. But not now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home